Skip to the content

What Type of Homeowners Insurance Cover Do I Need? (HO3, HO5, HO6, DP3)

First-time homebuyers in New England (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire) are often confused about what type of form their new homeowner’s insurance policy should be written on.

That’s OK, you’re a consumer not and your not an expert on home insurance agent like we are. We don’t expect you know know what form your home insurance policy is written on and we make the process of finding affordable homeowners insurance very simple.

If you’re buying a new home, a second property, rental property, or vacation home, give us a call to explore your options 1-774-847-7746.

Insuring a Condo (HO6) in New England

If you’re looking to get insurance on a Condo in New England, we can help! If you’re renting it to someone else it may be a DP-3 or an HO6 depending on which carrier and the options they have.

For example, Progressive Homeowners Insurance offers HO6 “rented to others” as a specific endorsement which makes it much more affordable than a DP3 policy form with many other carriers.

If you currently own a condo you rent to others you likely are paying too much for your current rental property insurance because of this excellent endorsement.

Many Massachusetts insurance carriers haven’t added this endorsement which makes it difficult for consumers to find affordable condo policies in New England.

Our expert condo insurance agents will help you find a more affordable policy if you’re in this situation!

Insuring a Single Family or Duplex Property for an HO3 in New England

If you live in part of the duplex or you are buying a single-family home in New England, you will be using an HO3 form 9 out of 10 times.

Even some 3 families can be insured on an HO3 vs DP3 form with certain insurance companies.

If you’re in the process of buying a Duplex, Single Family give us a call today or request a property quote online.

Insuring a Vacation Home or Rental Property New England

What form does a vacation home go on? Well, it depends. If you’re living it in less than 50% of the time it’s typically a homeowner’s policy written on a DP3 policy.

If its a condo you may have other, less expensive insurance options for the home. Give us a call to see what your options are 1-774-847-7746.

Insuring a Second Property That’s a Rental Property New England

If your second property or vacation rental is a single or multiple family property, chances are with most insurance companies it will be written on a DP3 form.

You can elect to have personal property on the policy or you can opt-out of it depending on if you’ll actually want content recovery in the event of a total loss.

Many landlords of rental property who have insurance request little to no coverage as most homes are unfurnished.

Find the Best Homeowners Insurance Quote Massachusetts

Are you still, confused? Do you need help finding a home insurance company to help you with your new purchase?

We can help! Give us a call at 1-774-847-7746. and we’ll work hard to help save you time and money finding the best coverage and price for your properties!

PSI New Home and Auto Insurance Content

Related Insurance Pages: Best Insurance for Landlord and Rental Property in New England, Find the Best Homeowners Insurance Agency in New England, Best Home and Auto Insurance Agency RI ME NH RI MA