Pay your Massachusetts annual car insurance premium in full for the year. You can often save up to 25% a year or over a 6-month policy term by not opting for monthly billing.
Pay your car insurance small claims out of pocket. Small auto insurance claims under $500 can wreak havoc on your annual insurance premium, especially if you’re prone to file more than 1 claim in a short time frame. These claims can make your premiums unaffordable over time and can lead to your insurance carrier dropping you.
Drive less than 10,000 miles a year. If you have verified low milage in Massachusetts you pay much less than drivers who drive over 12,000 miles a year. In 2021, more and more companies are rating car insurance prices more heavily for drivers who are on the road more often.
Bottom 5 To Save Money On Car Insurance in Massachusetts
6. Pay your Massachusetts auto insurance premium electronically either EFT or Reoccurring Credit Card. Many carriers charge more money and require higher down payments for auto insurance policies with “bill by mail’ billing options. Pay lower down payments and monthly rates by paying electronically.
7. Increase your collision deductible from $500 to $1,000. Collision insurance coverage is the most expensive coverage option, by increasing your deductible you can lower the amount you pay each month for car insurance.
8. Pay off your car loan and carry cheap liability online car insurance. Once you are no longer required to carry full coverage you can cut your annual premiums in half by carrying limited collision and glass coverage or simply going with basic car insurance.
9. Carry higher optional bodily injury coverage like $100,000/$300,000. This option only works well if you have 6 years or more driving experience. Insurance companies offer lower auto insurance prices for drivers that carry higher coverage limits.
10. Look at switching car insurance companies after 1, 3, and 5 year periods. Typically those thresholds are when insurance companies offer the lowest prices that will save you the most money on your Massachusetts personal auto insurance policy.
Who has the cheapest car insurance in Massachusetts?
Let us help you find a cheaper car insurance policy by shopping and comparing rates from some of the top national and regional insurance companies in Massachusetts.
Request a car insurance quote by filling out the online form below.